I decided to start blogging about Jordan from the moment I found out I was pregnant. Jordan was born with a little arm that didn't grow like most babies. Her left arm stopped just above the elbow. Now I'm committed to making sure Jordan gets everything out of life. We feel blessed to be the parents of a very special little girl.

11.12.2005

Another appointment

So we had another doctor's appointment yesterday.

We get there on time, and I'm told I'm not on the schedule. So we wait FOREVER and decide to just visit with a nurse practitioner. That isn't a big deal.

I didn't gain too much weight in the last two weeks... Which is amazing after Halloween and all that comes with it.

Blood pressure was good... Jordan's heartbeat was 140 beats per minute -- very healthy.

So my doctor doesn't really poke or prod the baby. We were certain Jordan was head down just from where you can find her hearbeat. But the nurse kind of dug down and really smooshed me to feel her head. So I can officially say (even though I knew it already) -- Her head is in my pelvis. She's totally on my right side -- Just like Cameron. I'm not carrying a girl any different from how I carried a boy. Is that a strange thing? I have no idea.

Anyway. I turned in my birth plan -- 4 copies of it -- to my file so every possible human has access to my expectations. Randy reviewed my plans the day before our appointment. He decided to also write a funny version of it. It's so funny I cried in the newsroom as I read it. But I can't share it with too many people. It includes words like induction, augmentation and words that would make college students blush.

No comments: