I decided to start blogging about Jordan from the moment I found out I was pregnant. Jordan was born with a little arm that didn't grow like most babies. Her left arm stopped just above the elbow. Now I'm committed to making sure Jordan gets everything out of life. We feel blessed to be the parents of a very special little girl.

4.28.2007

Let's get to work

We had our First Steps meeting yesterday. Our PT and OT met with our case manager. It turns out that we didn't really have to have the meeting this week, but it did give us the opportunity to get approval for two months of intense PT to get Jordan into the walking mode. Since then, we've taken the family to the grandparent's house. It's clearly a better environment for walking just because it isn't Jordan's home. The best walking I've gotten is outside. That's how I caught this shot of her: Holding my hand. Notice she also happens to have a pen in her hand. Even if she's holding my hand, she feels the need to hold onto something else. I'm just thrilled to see her moving around comfortably, even if she needs assistance.

So the upped PT means Jordan will get as many as 3 PT visits at school a week for the next two months. She'll also have two a month at home. I call those visits "train mommy" time. It's great to be around family members who want to work on the walking thing along with me. Jordan's Poppy is all about finding ways to movtivate Jordan to move from one piece of furniture to the next. Another development - The girl is getting better and better at standing on her own. 10-15 seconds at a time!

You know. I read this stuff and obviously I'm obsessing on the tiniest details of Jordan's development. Randy says I'm psycho documenting Jordan's growth. I tell him it's just easier to document compared to when Cam was little. I had to build a web page a week for him... And I'm impressed I did that much. (If you're curious visit reevesbaby.com) BTW, I switched my Flickr pictures to private for friends and family only. So if you want to keep up with our photos, join flickr and request to be friends with NerdyMom. If you use a funky username, you may want to identify yourself. If I don't know who you are, I'll assume you're an amputee freak and I'll block you from coming near my flickr account.

No comments: