I decided to start blogging about Jordan from the moment I found out I was pregnant. Jordan was born with a little arm that didn't grow like most babies. Her left arm stopped just above the elbow. Now I'm committed to making sure Jordan gets everything out of life. We feel blessed to be the parents of a very special little girl.

1.05.2007

Talking up a storm


Matching girls
Originally uploaded by Jen Reeves.
Jordan is picking up words by the minute. Tonight she told her Daddy: "Night night." Her vocal cadence repeats some of my sentences. And she's catching a little temper. If she wants Mommy cuddles and I put her down, she is not afraid to throw herself onto the floor and cry. I know the cuddles will go away someday, but I have to get things done from time to time, so she can't be in my arms all the time!

She's so smiley and happy at school and at home. She gets to excited to see family members. When Dad came home tonight, she was chanting "Hi da da." It's awesome.

She's trying harder and harder to pull up. Today, she was more comfortable standing (but you have to put her into a standing position). For the first time, I saw her stand along the couch and hold onto it with one hand... and not standing very close to the couch. She was doing pretty good. She had her prosthetic on at the time so I wonder if it was giving her extra balance. I'm torn about what to do with her growing skill of pulling up. She has such a hard time moving up with her prosthetic. I can't figure out what will help her learn how to pull up in the best way. Should I let her go prosthetic-free more often? Should she wear it less? But then there's this challenge: Her feet. When Jordan plays with toys without her prosthetic, she uses her little arm to hold things. When she's wearing it, she pulls out her left foot and gets just about everything done that way. I just can't get her to use the prosthetic arm with her big arm. It's tricky.

No comments: