I decided to start blogging about Jordan from the moment I found out I was pregnant. Jordan was born with a little arm that didn't grow like most babies. Her left arm stopped just above the elbow. Now I'm committed to making sure Jordan gets everything out of life. We feel blessed to be the parents of a very special little girl.

1.07.2007

Experimenting with the girl

So we have a push toy that I bought back in the day when Cam was little. It totally freaked out the boy... He never trusted toys that rolled. His opinion changed about a year ago. So I plopped Jordan on this push toy thing to see what would happen. She thought it was SO cool. And amazingly, she took a couple of steps before falling down. She held onto it pretty tight and tried so hard... And she kept wanting to pull up and try again. The funniest thing is she fell down pretty hard a number of times and that tough cookie didn't mind at all. That is a major development... At least to me. A lot of our milestones have been delayed because Jordan was too concerned about falling down.

It's probably because when she's mad, she's been flinging herself onto the floor in protest. I'm guessing falling onto the floor isn't as big a deal when you choose to do that yourself.

No comments: