I decided to start blogging about Jordan from the moment I found out I was pregnant. Jordan was born with a little arm that didn't grow like most babies. Her left arm stopped just above the elbow. Now I'm committed to making sure Jordan gets everything out of life. We feel blessed to be the parents of a very special little girl.

1.16.2007

So much focus about teeth

Jordan has two teeth working through her gums... She's a bit drippy and in a pretty good mood. But I'm in the middle of some teeth drama of my own. I've been grinding my teeth at night for a while. I got a mouth guard that left my jaw in pain every morning. I stopped wearing it while I was pregnant because I was uncomfortable enough (thank you very much).

I've kind of noticed that I grind my teeth during the day as well... Not the creepy, noisy kind. I just kind of play with my teeth a lot when I'm stressed... Or working hard on something. I find myself in one of those situations on a daily basis.

So that brings in my tooth problem. Over the weekend, I noticed something pointy on one of my front teeth. I figured it had always been there and I just noticed. So I went to the mirror to discover a tiny chip in one of my front teeth. I'm FREAKING out (but not grinding my teeth about it) Not long after I found it, the tooth started to hurt a little and feel sensitive to temperature: FREAKING out more. So I called the dentist.

I'm going in tomorrow morning really early. I figured that would be a big deal right?

Well, Randy has had to work early mornings because of this non-stop ice issue we have across the state. Schools left and right continue to close. So he's coming in early. I've been working late training new editors. I never see him. But when I scheduled my dentist appointment, I figured he could take the kids to school.

Not the case anymore.

Now I have to get up extra early, feed the dogs, wake the kids, get them dressed, fed and out the door into school before a 7:30am appointment that is NOWHERE close to school.

Wah.

On the upside of my constant work and busy schedule, I've been hanging out at school a bit more with Jordan. She's so sweet and smily. And when she gets hot and sweaty (which happens a lot because scooting is hard work), her hair gets all curly. I'll have to catch a picture of it. I'm kind of hoping she'll have curly hair like her Grandma. Maybe she can get really curly hair like her Aunt Tisha. That would be really cool. Or maybe she'll just end up with boring hair like me. But lucky for Jordan, she'll never be boring. That's one thing she's lucked out on! She still has a mullet. I think we're going to have to trim it soon. But I'd hate to get rid of those blooming curls!!

No comments: