I decided to start blogging about Jordan from the moment I found out I was pregnant. Jordan was born with a little arm that didn't grow like most babies. Her left arm stopped just above the elbow. Now I'm committed to making sure Jordan gets everything out of life. We feel blessed to be the parents of a very special little girl.

9.02.2007

Family weekend

This was one of the few weekends where we didn't have to GO GO GO! We spent most of the weekend playing outside. The highlight is still the dog wedding... But the rest of our time has been running up and down our backyard hill and getting very sandy in the sandbox.

Miss Boo got to walk with us from church to the nearby coffee shop... She did a pretty good job crossing the street while holding my hand... She walked along the sidewalk without us needing to guide her very much. She's growing up so dang fast! While we were at the coffee shop we started talking with a mom and her two and a half year old son. They're from the UK and are moving back in 6 months. Her son was adorable and we had an interesting conversation... It's a conversation that most parents wouldn't normally talk about. But she kindly asked us about Jordan's arm without any discomfort... But then she mentioned a young man who works at the nearby pet store. I saw him earlier this week. His face is badly disfigured. He must have had a massive tumor or a terrible accident where he lost most of his nose and his face is kind of caved in a bit. When I talked to him I made sure I looked him straight in the eye and didn't stare. But this mom admitted that when her son made a comment to this man's face, she tried to change the subject and ignore her son's reaction. I tried to politely suggest that her son's comments give her permission to ask him what happened so her son understands what happened. I hope with my experience with Jordan, I'll be more sensitive when she or my son asks questions or act not-quite-so polite.

No comments: