I decided to start blogging about Jordan from the moment I found out I was pregnant. Jordan was born with a little arm that didn't grow like most babies. Her left arm stopped just above the elbow. Now I'm committed to making sure Jordan gets everything out of life. We feel blessed to be the parents of a very special little girl.

9.14.2007

Another casting experience


We are on our way to getting Jordan a new UCBL -- a foot brace that will help Jordan stand with her feet flat. Getting her feet fixed will help the way she walks and the way she holds her legs. This also means that we will be able to buy shoes again!! I really look forward to that. There were two great things about today's casting. First, they used fiberglass instead of plaster. It hardened much faster and was a lot less messy. Second, Jordan was SO good. She smiled, she was really interested in the process. There was no screaming or crying. That was a relief.

We also got to pick out a design and color scheme for her new braces. Of course I picked pink because I've gone from an absolute ANTI-PINK person to an absolute PINK PRO. I guess I'm okay with that. It is a funny turn in two years.

1 comment: