I decided to start blogging about Jordan from the moment I found out I was pregnant. Jordan was born with a little arm that didn't grow like most babies. Her left arm stopped just above the elbow. Now I'm committed to making sure Jordan gets everything out of life. We feel blessed to be the parents of a very special little girl.

11.07.2008

Taking a break

Well... We have an arm to play with over the weekend. Jordan's new prosthetic has the ability to use three different "hands." A hook that opens and closes when Jordan uses her shoulders, a hand with a little flexibility and offers simple stability and a hand that holds onto a bike! (yahoo!)

Of all three "hands," Jordan likes the bike one the most. Maybe because it makes her look like a Lego person.



Do you see the similarity? I think that's kind of cool - especially since we live in a household full of Lego toys.

We're off to the city tomorrow to have fun and check out the mecca of American Girl.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

and... it's the one that looks the most baaaaaadaaaaasssssss!!!

twin power mommy ♥ said...

It is pretty cool.

I thought it TOTALLY looked like a lego person's arm.