I decided to start blogging about Jordan from the moment I found out I was pregnant. Jordan was born with a little arm that didn't grow like most babies. Her left arm stopped just above the elbow. Now I'm committed to making sure Jordan gets everything out of life. We feel blessed to be the parents of a very special little girl.

11.24.2008

Home again... Lots to do


I got back from China and went straight to work with Jordan! I met up with her occupational therapist to finally show her how Jordan's new prosthetic works. It was incredible to watch how Jordan took to naturally using the "hand" after we convinced her to work on it. (She was a little stubborn since I was there)

It was cool to see what Jordan can and cannot do... Right after wroking with toys, Jordan had lunch and I could see the big challenges she has during that time. Holding the plate, holding a cup and trying to scoop up food like the slippery peaches she was eating today. It's kind of hard to see her deal with a simple challenge like that -- simple to me. Not simple for her. I guess I expect her to fail so she can learn... but man, it's hard to watch her fail. I know she always finds a solution, so I'm not that worried. It's just hard to watch sometimes. I just want to swoop in and help - but she needs to be completely self-sufficient. I know she will be able to do that.

After I took a quick jetlag nap, Randy and I got to go to orientation at Jordan's new school. I got to see her classroom and play with some of the kids in the playground. I met a really sweet boy who is in Jordan's new class. I'm already a big fan. He's already invited me to his house to play. Jordan's room is big with all kinds of big windows. I'll post pictures soon!

No comments: