I decided to start blogging about Jordan from the moment I found out I was pregnant. Jordan was born with a little arm that didn't grow like most babies. Her left arm stopped just above the elbow. Now I'm committed to making sure Jordan gets everything out of life. We feel blessed to be the parents of a very special little girl.

6.28.2008

On the road

On the road

We're on the road for our big summer vacation. We're super lucky to have a great house/dog sitter taking care of things while we're away. So now we can focus on having fun without worry... Other than the fact that I'm on call for jury duty while I'm away. I'm not exactly sure how to deal with that if they want me to serve!

Anyway... We're taking the next two days to drive to New Hampshire to go camping near where we visited last year. This year we're staying for five days in Crawford Notch. I'm very excited. Both kids are much more interested in swimming. Cam loves biking with his bike extension (and we brought his real bike too just in case we want to work on his training-wheel free life). We're all excited to hike in the beautiful trails of the White Mountains. It's just plain exciting.

After the camping trip, we're headed to our yearly visit to Maine. I can't wait to sit by the ocean... And this year we're pretty certain that Jordan will be very interested in learning how to climb the rocks. That should be interesting.

We're traveling long, long hours the next two days so I packed a ton of toys for Jordan. I put it to Jordan's left side since I sit her in the car with her brother to her right so it's a fair fight. (Not that I want them to fight, but she should be able to defend herself if needed) I built up the side of Jordan's seat so stuff won't fall too far away from her seat. What's been amazing is watching Jordan use her feet to reach stuff she can't get to. She will try and try and try and most of the time, she'll eventually grab a toy with her toes. It's awesome.

Oh -- And she's rocking the travel potty thing. She's telling us when she needs to go and she's not demanding a potty too often. She even got a compliment for being such a big girl in one of the rest rooms.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Have fun! My family used to have a house in Ogunquit, ME, and some of my fondest childhood memories are on the beach there. Can't wait to see pictures.