I decided to start blogging about Jordan from the moment I found out I was pregnant. Jordan was born with a little arm that didn't grow like most babies. Her left arm stopped just above the elbow. Now I'm committed to making sure Jordan gets everything out of life. We feel blessed to be the parents of a very special little girl.

6.03.2008

Fun fun fun

Jordan is starting to talk and talk and talk. So I have to write down a couple of funny things she's saying.

When turning on a light she says: "I open the light."
When turning off a light she says: "I close the light."

When Randy was leaving for work yesterday she asked: "You got your bye-bye bag? You go to your car and go bye bye?"
Bye bye bag. I like that. I isn't a computer bag anymore. It's a bye bye bag.

While going upstairs with Cameron yesterday, Jordan started yelling: "Wait up you guys!"

This weekend, we went on a bike trip down the Katy Trail... It's a pretty nice and easy trek even though it was hot outside. We were all biking while Jordan road around in the bike trailer. She did NOT like riding in trailer. She was feeling trapped and uninvolved. Her best tactic: Scream that she needed to go potty. We'd stop and offer her a chance to use the grass as a bathroom, but she was not interested. We finally had to turn around and find a bathroom. She actually used a public bathroom for the first time. But since that's been a challenge and we're planning a big road trip, I just bought a travel potty. I think it will make like a little easier. Anyway, after we turned around, she got to run around on the trail and she was just so dang happy (see picture).

We're finally getting Jordan's feet casted today for her shoe inserts. The previous fitting wasn't done properly so we have to go through it again. This has been a really crazy delayed process and Jordan's really enjoying life in shoes that don't require socks. I'm expecting a pretty unhappy process when we bring the inserts back into her life. (There I go again - always so negative. Sorry about that.) The upside of taking her to the appointment, I get to leave work a little early and spend some time working out. I work an odd shift on Mondays and I did some Wii Fit yesterday afternoon while Jordan snacked and watched. As I tried a number of yoga poses, Jordan kept asking: "Whatchya doin' Mom?" It's very hard to hold a balancing pose when you're getting the third degree!

3 comments:

Jenny Rodriguez said...

Man.. I forgot about travel potties.. I had flashbacks of my parent's station wagon!! Good luck with all that!!

And I love the Wiifit! I'm excited my avatar isn't chunky anymore!!Woohoo!!

The Beaver Bunch said...

Your daughter is beautiful! I love the pic in this post. What a joyful face.

Student of Life said...

I love this picture, and I love the Wii Fit! Love. It. I am pleasantly surprised. It gives me something to do at 9pm when my boy is in bed and my other boy is out. Instead of watching some stupid show, I'm getting a little more exercise! That can't hurt, right?