I decided to start blogging about Jordan from the moment I found out I was pregnant. Jordan was born with a little arm that didn't grow like most babies. Her left arm stopped just above the elbow. Now I'm committed to making sure Jordan gets everything out of life. We feel blessed to be the parents of a very special little girl.

3.12.2008

Swimming lesson update

I think I should convince some stranger to take pictures of Jordan and I at the pool just so I can share a picture.

Lately, the only picture you'd get is her screaming: "NO KICK! NO JUMP! NO WATER!" She loves the swim class for the first 15 minutes and then her mood changes. It usually changes after she gets her head fully wet. I'm pretty sure it's a control thing. She wants to be in control at all times and when she's underwater, she feels out of control. Obviously, that's not a good thing in her world. Other than personality struggles in the water, she is getting stronger at kicking and getting more natural at reaching her arms out in the water.

The best part of swim class today: It was the first night when we left the building without freezing to death. Hopefully Spring is actually here. I've been getting pretty annoyed with this long, cold winter.

No comments: