I decided to start blogging about Jordan from the moment I found out I was pregnant. Jordan was born with a little arm that didn't grow like most babies. Her left arm stopped just above the elbow. Now I'm committed to making sure Jordan gets everything out of life. We feel blessed to be the parents of a very special little girl.

1.12.2008

Quick update

I haven't been online much because I'm desperately trying to launch a new website for work. At the same time, I've tried to continue the potty training message to Jordan. Unfortunately, our success on the first day has not continued.

Jordan has peed on the floor, she's sprayed water from her potty baby doll's bottle all over the house... She's walked around the house without pants for hours at a time. But we haven't successfully used the potty since last Sunday.

I'm thinking that this is too much focus for a little girl who just turned two. I'm thinking about going back to normal life with diapers and forgetting about the trends I started this week (we had pants-free time each day). Jordan actually stood up from the potty today, pointed to her butt, said "I need diaper." Then she walked away and started chanting "diaper, diaper, diaper."

Yeah. I think I'll keep working on the potty thing some other time.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm cracking up thinking about her request for a diaper! I'm sure she'll do it when she is ready. We are just trying to get Annabelle to say "diaper". So far, all we get is a "di" from her. :)

Student of Life said...

Yeah. I tried with my little man when he was two. It lasted a couple of days, and then he was finished. We did pull-ups for a year. Then, something magic happened around his third birthday. He just decided he wanted to use the potty. We've only had one accident since then. I guess they're just ready when they're ready, and they're all different. Sucks for the planners among us (me), but it works for the kiddos.