I decided to start blogging about Jordan from the moment I found out I was pregnant. Jordan was born with a little arm that didn't grow like most babies. Her left arm stopped just above the elbow. Now I'm committed to making sure Jordan gets everything out of life. We feel blessed to be the parents of a very special little girl.

1.06.2008

Let the potty training commence

I jumped into the potty training experience today. Jordan started talking about it after church today. She actually wanted to sit on the potty. So while she was napping, I bought a training potty that actually plays MUSIC when something hits the potty. So when Jordan peed into it TWO TIMES today, that potty played a little celebratory tunes.

My goodness, she was proud. So damned proud. She told her grandparents on the phone (with a bit of a mumble that included the word "potty"). When we praised her, Jordan would flash the biggest smile.

I'm not sure if this is just the first little step towards potty training interest or if we're really going to drop the use of diapers. I do know it's an intense process that will take amazing amounts of patience and attention.

No comments: