I decided to start blogging about Jordan from the moment I found out I was pregnant. Jordan was born with a little arm that didn't grow like most babies. Her left arm stopped just above the elbow. Now I'm committed to making sure Jordan gets everything out of life. We feel blessed to be the parents of a very special little girl.

5.14.2006

Special Mother's Day

So today I was a Mommy to two on a Mother's Day. I'm so lucky. Jordan was full of smiles today. We finally found a baptism dress! It is sweet and simple and sleeveless -- which I felt was very, very important. My Mom came into town yesterday. She arrived late in St. Louis, so I stayed in town after taking Cam to a Cardinal's game. That's why we got a chance to shop at real stores for a day and find a great outfit for Jordan. Heck, Cam and Jordan got to go to the Disney Store too. Lucky kids.

Anyway... I just want to say how lucky I feel to be a Mom. I think the challenges I'm dealing with are just so small compared to other Moms... But this year's Mother's Day is a little bittersweet. Why you ask? It's because I'm a member of a special Mom's club. It's a club none of us asked to join. But I'm proud to be a member of Moms with kids who are different. We are the encouragers, the supporters and I hope God gives me the ability to help Jordan and Cameron grow to be loving, caring and understanding people who aren't afraid to be who they are.

When I went to buy Jordan's baptism dress today, I told the woman working at the store that I was looking for a sleeveless dress... And I didn't hesitate to say it's because Jordan was born missing her arm from the elbow down and how I don't want her arm to disappear in her dress. No flinching, no hemming and hawing. And I'm proud of that. It took me a while to not flinch in preparation for the other person's reaction. So on this Mother's Day, I'm proud of how I'm a new Mom... A more caring Mom. And I really do feel blessed to be the Mom to my two kids.

No comments: