I decided to start blogging about Jordan from the moment I found out I was pregnant. Jordan was born with a little arm that didn't grow like most babies. Her left arm stopped just above the elbow. Now I'm committed to making sure Jordan gets everything out of life. We feel blessed to be the parents of a very special little girl.

5.05.2006

Fitting Day

Jordan survived another fitting. Instead of waiting and doing another fitting on the same day, we're going back on Monday to do a final fitting before they build the actual arm. I keep wanting to write more about her visit... But I keep getting dragged into taking care of the kids, or the house or finally going to sleep. I don't do that enough.

Anyway, Jordan and I got the fitting done with a few tears... When she was crying, I wasn't taking pictures. She was pretty annoyed with the poking and prodding. So we'll do it again on Monday. Hopefully we'll get the real thing soon. Will it help her? Only time will tell.

This weekend, Grandma and Poppy came for a visit, so Jordan got all kinds of extra love. She gave me some AWESOME giggles after her first nap. I'm working really hard to get a couple of giggles. More often, she just smiles big when I'm being silly. But man, she is TALKING. She squeals if she's happy, sad, annoyed... just about anything. It's very cool. I love baby development.

But I'll also miss the sweet little "goo" that she used to say.

No comments: