I decided to start blogging about Jordan from the moment I found out I was pregnant. Jordan was born with a little arm that didn't grow like most babies. Her left arm stopped just above the elbow. Now I'm committed to making sure Jordan gets everything out of life. We feel blessed to be the parents of a very special little girl.

5.02.2006

Go girl!

So I mentioned to the OT that Jordan tried to grab onto something with her hand and arm over the weekend... So we worked on that skill today. SHE ROCKED! She's figuring out that if you reach further out with her hand and meet up with her little arm, she can hold onto things. I'm so proud to watch her figure things out.

I would have to say this is the first development that just makes me swim with pride. She is figuring out her world on her own and in her own way. During the last two or three OT appointments, I've really seen her develop. These 45 minute sessions help me just focus in on what she's learning about herself. I'm so happy.

We have our second fitting for Jordan's prosthetic on Friday. The appointment may last two hours... Followed by her OT apointment. Friday will be long and exhausting for my baby... And probably for me.

No comments: