I decided to start blogging about Jordan from the moment I found out I was pregnant. Jordan was born with a little arm that didn't grow like most babies. Her left arm stopped just above the elbow. Now I'm committed to making sure Jordan gets everything out of life. We feel blessed to be the parents of a very special little girl.

8.22.2005

I'm seeing things differently

I've purposefully ignored ads that are targeted towards girls.

Until now.

I was watching cartoons with Cam while we were in Kentucky. We don't normally watch cartoons... So I don't normally watch commercials. I kind of try to avoid those.

Anyway. I was watching the cartoons with Cam when I saw a Barbie pegasus commercial. It was a big horse head that had colorful hair girls could design. I never liked those kind of toys as a kid... I never owned one. That's when I realized I'd have to have conversations about Barbie and colorful toys instead of super heros and cars.

That's going to take some time getting used to.

No comments: