I decided to start blogging about Jordan from the moment I found out I was pregnant. Jordan was born with a little arm that didn't grow like most babies. Her left arm stopped just above the elbow. Now I'm committed to making sure Jordan gets everything out of life. We feel blessed to be the parents of a very special little girl.

9.19.2008

How could I go so long without an update?

Well... it could be because I've been SO swamped at work. There were a number of big events underway here and I had a lot to do with those. During this time, I got a really cool haircut (I have yet to find a cool picture that documents it) and Jordan got back into the swing of taking her dance class. It's obviously a class made for two year olds. Two of the little girls aren't interested in dancing and are much more interested in their mommies. But Jordan is INTO it. The funniest thing is Thursday is also the day she takes dance at her school. So she's really going to enjoy all of this groovin'.

Jordan got to enjoy a lot of grandparent time last week. But that has developed into a strange challenge. She will no longer go straight to bed. She must choose to go to bed and it usually must happen after I leave the room at least once. She will open the door and I'll ask if she's ready for bed. If she says yes, she finally hops into bed and lets me put her blanket on. We'll do the prayers, songs and scratches and she stays in bed for the rest of the night. Speaking of staying - Jordan has figured out how to open all of the doors with plastic door nobs that are supposed to keep her from getting out of the house.

She can do that, but she still won't come out of her own room when she wakes up in the morning. What's up with that?

So many little quirky things. So little time.

No comments: