I decided to start blogging about Jordan from the moment I found out I was pregnant. Jordan was born with a little arm that didn't grow like most babies. Her left arm stopped just above the elbow. Now I'm committed to making sure Jordan gets everything out of life. We feel blessed to be the parents of a very special little girl.

8.12.2008

Vacation memory: Playing in the sand

I'm finally finding time here and there to look through the little snippets of video I gathered during our vacation. Here's a moment of Jordan playing in the sand - She was already COVERED in sand and she made sure she added a new layer:




That's my brother in the background reacting to the sand in Jordan's mouth. I love how she just momentarily recognized that her mouth might taste of sand and went right back to work playing.

Today we played in the water in our backyard. Jordan's been very hesitant about water spraying at her. This was the first time I found her giggling and enjoying herself with our skim board pool. She jumped, she splashed and she even walked through the sprayers.

It's so funny how the little things bring so much joy. I seriously want to go upstairs where she's sleeping and just give her a big smooch (but I wouldn't dare chance at waking her).

1 comment:

Tricia said...

Now tell me that is not just amazing to watch them do with one hand what we do with two. I love watching Haylee do things with her little hand.