I decided to start blogging about Jordan from the moment I found out I was pregnant. Jordan was born with a little arm that didn't grow like most babies. Her left arm stopped just above the elbow. Now I'm committed to making sure Jordan gets everything out of life. We feel blessed to be the parents of a very special little girl.

2.08.2008

Weekend, sweet weekend

I just got Jordan down to bed... She made sure she tried to keep me in her room longer by asking for "Moh rubs. Moh sawngs." She wanted more backrubs and more of my lullaby songs. Sorry Boo... It was time for bed. She was so tired that she was going to cry but decided halfway in the middle of the first cry to just quit and sleep.

I figured something out that's kind of cool today. I tied a shoe with one hand. It's actually not that hard -- The hard part is getting the little bunny ears tight. I used my foot and figured it out. I figure that if I can do it, I can help teach Jordan when it's time to learn.

2 comments:

Student of Life said...

Gosh. There are just so many things I take for granted. I'm going to try to do this today. I'm not sure I can do it with one hand. Thanks for making me think.

Seeker said...

I remember quite clearly the first time I tied shoelaces with one hand. I was aged between nine and a half and eleven (I know that because I know which school I was at then). I asked my mum to show me how she did it - and then I worked out a way to do it myself. It was a good moment!

It is really great that you are thinking ahead and finding ways to show Jordan how to do things. Keep up the good work!