I decided to start blogging about Jordan from the moment I found out I was pregnant. Jordan was born with a little arm that didn't grow like most babies. Her left arm stopped just above the elbow. Now I'm committed to making sure Jordan gets everything out of life. We feel blessed to be the parents of a very special little girl.

10.03.2006

Day off


Chewing on paper
Originally uploaded by Jen.
Jordan picked up a very odd rash yesterday while she was at school. It was strange enough that the doctors thought we should take a day off and let me stare at her all day. So we're doing just that.

I'm including this picture just because Randy and I think she has a look of pure contentment with that paper. Honestly, paper is her personal bliss. It's so great.

In other Jordan-related topics, she's trying to move around more. She isn't crawling... but she is trying to pull her body around when she's sitting. Most of the timem she makes progress if there's something she can grab... Like a chair. So she's trying to slide around a bit. She's still trying the crawling thing as well... But I've noticed she's more successful in a scooting mode.

With this time off, I've actually had time to work on the family boards that we due almost a month ago at school. I'm almost done with Jordan's and Cam's has the pictures picked out. I don't know why I've let this project weigh on me. So it feels good to finally get it done!

Oh, one other thing I forgot to add. During the appointment I confirmed something I was pretty sure about... Jordan has an umbilical hernia... There's a spot right above her belly button that pokes out when Jordan gets really upset. It's gross. Traditionally, the body closes that spot on its own. The only thing I'm supposed to worry about is if her little bump (or intestine) gets stuck and doesn't go back down. Gross eh? The doctor said that if if doesn't go back down, we have to go straight to the ER. Just another little thing to worry about.

No comments: