I decided to start blogging about Jordan from the moment I found out I was pregnant. Jordan was born with a little arm that didn't grow like most babies. Her left arm stopped just above the elbow. Now I'm committed to making sure Jordan gets everything out of life. We feel blessed to be the parents of a very special little girl.

9.02.2006

Therapy therapy therapy


Cam asked me this morning: "What is therapy?" I'm not sure how to explain it. He asked after we had an all-family physical therapy session this morning. Jordan does NOT like a new huge blue exercise ball that I bought for her. So we really taxed her by getting her slowly comfortable with the experience. We also learned that we have to stop just picking her up when she needs something. We have to listen and watch her physical cues and show her how to do things for herself. Most babies figure it out... But she is so careful and unsure with certain functions of her body that we have to guide her. So no more picking her up. I have to crouch down low and let her pull up onto me. It makes her mad, but after a while, she's going to figure out this pulling up skill.

No comments: