I decided to start blogging about Jordan from the moment I found out I was pregnant. Jordan was born with a little arm that didn't grow like most babies. Her left arm stopped just above the elbow. Now I'm committed to making sure Jordan gets everything out of life. We feel blessed to be the parents of a very special little girl.

9.04.2006

Busy girl

So we got back late last night after another fun-filled trip to Uncle Barry's house. Poor Jordan gets pulled in all kinds of directions... And puts up with it. She and I did a little shopping and she got to go to the Magic House again. She wasn't so excited about the baby area like the last time. She obviously needed a nap and ended up passing out on my shoulder for a good amount of time (I'm still sore).

The hardest part during this trip was how obviously attached Jordan is to me. I actually hid inside Barry's house while he showed her off to a bunch of people who were hanging out for a Labor Day party. She just will not hang out with other people when she knows I'm available. If I'm not around, she's just fine. It kind of stinks. So I hid so other people could enjoy her cuteness up close and personally.

She's getting really good at holding finger food. If she'd just sprout some teeth, she's be getting along pretty well with a little bit of chewy food here and there. I'm not sure what's going on with that delay. Other than that, she's doing great. We had more arm time today and I tried to take her on a walk to our local garden wearing the arm, but she was getting tired and cranky. She enjoyed a snack while Cam and I ate under a shady tree. But she didn't last much longer than that. She passed out in the stroller before we returned home.

We have another busy week ahead of us... For my job and for Jordan's various appointments. We will keep working on the current prosthetic and I'm probably going to move forward and work with another company that may build her a myoelectric arm. I'm just not sure if it's the right direction to go. But I guess the only way we'll know is by giving it a try.

No comments: