I decided to start blogging about Jordan from the moment I found out I was pregnant. Jordan was born with a little arm that didn't grow like most babies. Her left arm stopped just above the elbow. Now I'm committed to making sure Jordan gets everything out of life. We feel blessed to be the parents of a very special little girl.

9.27.2006

She really wants to be a big girl

Jordan is figuring more things out... She's wiggling and moving around a bit on the floor. Enough floor time to worry my physical therapist -- She's concerned Jordan's skin may not be able to tolerate some of the textures she's around. So I kept watch of Jordan's arm all day. She rubs it on everything and I think the arm changes to red quickly, but today when I stared at it for a while, I didn't see major redness problems. I hope that's the case. If her arm does need a rest, we're going to need to wrap it up for long periods of time. We'll just have to wait and see.

I took Jordan to school and visited a bit today... She is trying SO hard to play with the older kids in the room. She actually played CATCH! Isn't that cool. She rolled a ball a couple of times with a friend. Made me very proud.

I'll be honest. The Mommy in me wants to be around Jordan every second of the day to eat up every baby moment I have left with her. I'm self-centered in this... I've allowed her to fall asleep on me a couple of times at school. I just can't help myself!

I'm exhausted. More details about the girl soon.

No comments: