I decided to start blogging about Jordan from the moment I found out I was pregnant. Jordan was born with a little arm that didn't grow like most babies. Her left arm stopped just above the elbow. Now I'm committed to making sure Jordan gets everything out of life. We feel blessed to be the parents of a very special little girl.

12.08.2007

Snow day

Miss Jordan got her first real dose of snow yesterday. The kids and I rushed through the morning get-ready process so we could play in the snow before walking Cam to school. Jordan was wary at first: I pulled her in the sled for a while. Then she got brave and walked around. She also enjoyed our walk to school. After all the kids were in school, we had a really nice quiet walk home. The snow left such a quiet feel to our neighborhood. The only sound you could hear was the crunching of my boots in the snow. I pointed it out to Jordan and she said: "Shhhhhh." I think she really enjoyed the silence. There's a special beauty that comes with the first snow of the season. It was cool to have the time to really experience it with Jordan. As she gets closer to her second birthday, I'm eating up her understanding of vocabulary and her growing ability to communicate back.

After our quiet, snowy morning, I took Jordan to meet a new little baby girl named Avery. I'm not sure how impressed Jordan was by the experience, but Jordan did say hi and we discussed how babies say "waah waah."

No comments: