I decided to start blogging about Jordan from the moment I found out I was pregnant. Jordan was born with a little arm that didn't grow like most babies. Her left arm stopped just above the elbow. Now I'm committed to making sure Jordan gets everything out of life. We feel blessed to be the parents of a very special little girl.

3.05.2007

Outside fun


Scooting through the chalk art
Originally uploaded by Jen.
We are slowly getting outside again as the ice and snow melts and the sun is out longer. Jordan came out to enjoy the cold pavement and chalk with her brother and I. She didn't do a lot of drawing, but she did seem to enjoy trying to chew on chalk and scoot around on our colorful art.

Her butt was covered in dirt and chalk... And I didn't care. She's missing out on some great parts of Spring because she wants to move around, but can't walk yet. I guess I could let her scoot around in the dirt and mud, but I'm too prissy to let her do that. I opened up and at least let her get dirty and dusty on the driveway.

She loved it. Jordan, Cam and I took a walk earlier in the day and she just grinned and laughed, even if the wind was a bit chilly. The outdoors just make Jordan bright and cheerful. The natural effects of the sun work instantly for her.

As I drew with the kids, I realized the joy on their faces and the art on the ground deserved some camera time. This is my favorite picture... I didn't pose it, it just happened.

No comments: